This Notice explains how personal information is going to be used, what it is used for, who it might be shared with and why and for how long it is to be kept
The Council (CBC) is fully committed to complying with The Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We ensure that your personal data is processed fairly, lawfully, kept safe and secure and retained for no longer than is necessary.
The Data Protection Officer for CBC is Head of Legal and Democratic Services.
If you have any concerns or questions about how we look after your personal information please contact the Data Protection Officer.
What information is collected?
- Telephone Number
- Email Address
- Bank Details
Why do we collect your personal information?
- Deliver services and support to you;
- Manage those services we provide to you;
- Train and manage the employment of our workers who deliver those services;
- Help investigate any worries or complaints you have about your services;
- Keep track of spending on services;
- Check the quality of services.
Crawley Borough Council is registered as a Data Controller with The Information Commissioner’s Office (Registration Number Z5327706).
The Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject or to take steps to enter into a contract.
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller.
- Consent of the data subject.
Who we share Data with
We pass data to:-
- Internal departments:
- Other local authorities:
- Central Government:
- Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport
- Department for Education
- Department for International Trade
- Business Support and networking organisations:
- Commercial Property Sales & Lettings Businesses
- West Sussex Police Force
Your contact details will be kept for one year after our last contact with you unless the personal data is processed for the purpose of carrying out a contract, in which case your data is kept according to the funder’s prescribed retention schedules. Information on individual contracts is held within the ‘EDR Document Retention Schedule’ and can be supplied on request.
You have the right to:
- Be informed of data processing (which is covered by this Privacy Notice).
- Access your personal information (known as a Subject Access Request).
- Have inaccuracies corrected.
- Have information erased.
- Restrict processing.
- Data portability.
- Intervention in respect of automated decision making/profiling.
- Withdraw Consent (see below).
- Complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (See below).
To exercise any of these rights please contact The Data Protection Officer.
Withdrawal of Consent
If you have any worries or questions about how your personal information is handled please contact our Data Protection Officer at DPO@crawley.gov.uk
For independent advice about data protection, privacy and data rights, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Cheshire DK9 5AF
Telephone: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 if you prefer to use a national rate number.