Crawley's Employment and Skills plan can only be delivered with the support of public and private sector partners; as with most of the town’s economic development and regeneration ambitions, large scale change really happens when we work together.
There are lots of ways for businesses to get involved and help Crawley people access some of the fantastic career opportunities available on their doorstep:
- Crawley STEMfest: A programme created in partnership with STEM Sussex, Crawley College, and Crawley Borough Council which seeks to enthuse the next generation of scientists, technologists, engineers and mathematicians, as well as forge links between industry and education. This is carried out through a programme of in school activities, one public town centre day and a regional Big Bang Fair.
- Be the Change: An inspirational programme which links business mentors with disengaged Year 9 school pupils who need support to realise their potential through support, advice and guidance. The programme aims to help pupils through improving their confidence, hope, happiness, relationships and, ultimately, employability.
- Crawley Developer and Partner Charter: a tool for developers and partners to show their commitment to Crawley through providing opportunities for local residents and businesses, as well as raising aspirations and encouraging sustainable practices where possible.
- Young Enterprise, Crawley: Young Enterprise is the UK’s largest business and enterprise education charity. Every year it delivers over 4 million learning hours to 250,000 young people, learning about business and the world of work in the classroom under the guidance of volunteers from 3,500 companies.
- Young Start Up Talent: Young Startups is a community-based project aimed at young entrepreneurs aged between 16 and 25 years old, who are looking to start their own business