The Crawley growth programme is a £14.6 million investment package of infrastructure improvements and physical regeneration designed to support significant increases in new homes, business investment and employment growth.
In September 2017, a substantial Local Growth Fund investment was confirmed by the Coast to Capital Local Enterprise Partnership for this significant regeneration programme in Crawley. With further match funding provided by Crawley Borough Council and West Sussex County Council the total cost of the programme will be £31.412 million.
Sustainable transport infrastructure and highway upgrades are planned to boost overall transport capacity and enable a significant shift from car usage to bus, rail, cycling and walking alternatives. In addition, connectivity enhancements at the major railway station of Crawley, Three Bridges and Gatwick will greatly facilitate commuter access to Manor Royal and the town centre via sustainable transport connections.
Crawley town centre and Manor Royal will be transformed to upgrade the quality of both the living and business environment to attract higher quality new jobs and homes. It will also be a catalyst for significant new Grade A commercial office space in the town centre’s ‘Eastern Gateway’ and for a new business and jobs growth hub.
The whole programme will deliver 7,000 new jobs, 135,000 square meters of refurbished commercial space and 1,000 new homes.
Growth Programme projects
- Queens Square Regeneration Scheme
- Queensway and the Pavement
- Haslett Avenue Signal upgrade
- Real time passenger information (RTPI) scheme
- Worth Park Avenue Improvements
- Manor Royal Partnership Agreement
- Eastern gateway public realm and highway improvement scheme
- Manor Royal Gateway 1 entrance upgrade
- Outdoor media Manor Royal
Planned or onsite
- Station Gateway public realm and highway improvement scheme
- Manor Royal superhubs
- Three Bridges Station Improvement
- Town Centre Development Sites (One Public Estate)
- Walking and Cycling Improvement Schemes
- Road Space Audit
- Highway improvement schemes in Manor Royal (including County Oak, London Road)
- Town Centre bus shelters and superhubs
Associated developer-led schemes
- Gatwick Station upgrade (Gatwick Airport Limited)
- Crawley Station (Arora Group)