Please read the latest Coronavirus (COVID-19) latest information and advice from Crawley Borough Council.
Council approves ‘One Town’ Economic Recovery Plan for Crawley
2 December 2021
Councillors approved the ‘One Town’ Economic Recovery Plan 2022-2037 at the latest Cabinet meeting held on 24 November 2021.
The plan provides a clear vision for Crawley’s future socio-economic prosperity, a clear path for recovery from the pandemic and a marker to Crawley’s formidable reputation for economic productivity.
It’s the overarching strategic plan for all of our existing delivery programmes:
- Town Centre Regeneration Programme
- Crawley Growth Programme
- Towns Fund
- Employment and Skills Programme
The proposed strategic priorities of the plan are:
- A diverse and resilient economy – renew Crawley as an attractive, abundant, diverse economic powerhouse, founded on green growth and digital innovation
- Green transformation – establish Crawley at the forefront of green growth and as a place where green technology businesses thrive
- Town centre renewal – secure a vibrant neighbourhood and sustainable economic future for the town centre via significant qualitative investment
- Skills for the future – to significantly improve overall social mobility among Crawley residents, creating powerful and effective skills pathways
- Connected Crawley – to enhance a green economic future for Crawley by delivering low carbon transport and hyper digital connectivity
The pandemic had a devastating effect on our local economy and levels of unemployment in Crawley. The approval of this plan demonstrates our commitment to get our town back on the road to recovery and to create jobs for our people, by working alongside our public and private sector partners for the benefit of the whole community.
Cllr Peter Smith
Cabinet member for Planning and Economic Development, Crawley Borough Council
A number of schemes featured in the plan are already being taken forward, thanks to funding secured by the council and partners from the Crawley Economic Recovery Taskforce. The Economic Recovery Taskforce brings together the council, senior business and voluntary sector representatives, Crawley’s MP, a government representative, the Coast to Capital Local Enterprise Partnership and West Sussex County Council.