Shopping in Crawley
Crawley is a regional retail destination which boasts plenty of household names and a growing independent sector.
The town centre's diverse retail offer, coupled with many leisure, food and drink outlets, helps create a vibrant, mixed-use location desired by retailers and property owners alike.
Sectors, shoppers and brands
- Most town centre businesses (69%) are retail, followed by food and beverage operators (17%).
- Debenhams, M&S, Superdry, Decathlon, Hotel Chocolat, iStore, Pandora, Primark, Deichmann and Next are just a small selection of High Street retailers in the town.
- The top five busiest points in the town centre have a combined estimated weekly footfall of 617,300; this includes County Mall, Queensway and The Martlets.
- Shoppers are primarily residents (93%) and town centre workers (80%) with most shoppers falling into the 25 to 44-year-old age group (37%) followed by 45 to 64-year olds (29%). Younger people aged 15-24 years represent around a quarter of their customers.
- According to a survey of town centre operators, the town could improve by bringing in even more shops. Zara, John Lewis, Ikea, Wagamama, House of Fraser and Five Guys were existing retailers most popular choices. They also identified the opportunity for generating more reasons to visit, specifically citing more events, markets and leisure operators along with greater variety and quality of retail offer.